All waxing and/or shaving should be done 24 hours before your service. This is to avoid any product buildup in your pores, as well as avoiding the striped effect. Most razors have a moisturizing strip that will leave a residue on your skin.
Exfoliate before you come for your appointment. Avoid any products that will leave an oily residue on your skin. Sunless spray tans affect only the top twenty five percent of skin, so you will want to remove this extra skin prior to tanning. Spraying sunless products on dry flaky skin causes the tan to look less natural, uneven when fading and will shorten the life of your sunless tan. Your tan will last as long as it takes your skin to turn over the top 25%. Typically 7-10 days.
-Please wash off all makeup, deodorant and perfume/cologne.
-Avoid using moisturizer unless you have very dry skin as this can create a barrier on your skin.
– Bring dark, loose fitting clothing (cotton) to wear home along with sandals or flip flops.
– If you are a first time guest, please arrive at your spray tanning appointment at least 10-15 minutes early so that you can properly prepare for your service.
NOTE: Avoid using bar soaps and any shower products not designed specifically for spray tanning. These products can halt the DHA bronzing reaction or cause the dreaded “orange effect”. Essential oils will also break down a spray tan, and shorten the life of it dramatically. An imbalanced Ph, elevated body temperature, perspiration, and hormonal changes can hinder DHA development and results.
– Remove make up and deodorant with wipes.
– Pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie and cover with a hair cap.
– Remove contact lenses, clothing, shoes, and jewelry.
– We provide disposable undergarments, (boxers, briefs, man thongs and G-strings), or you can wear your own.
– Women can go fully nude, but men are required to cover using a sock or provided disposable garments.
– Nose plugs are available upon request and face mask.
– We cannot guarantee the results of any product left on longer than recommended. Standard products are designed to be rinsed off after 6-8 hours. Rapid Tans are designed to be rinsed off after a minimum of 1 hour but no longer than 3 hours. It is important that you do not exceed these durations.
– Do not get yourself wet or sweat excessively. Avoid any skin to skin contact as this can rub your tan off before it has a chance to develop. We clean your palms carefully so if you touch your guide color (tan) before you take your first shower, your palms WILL be orange the following day. Do not touch yourself.
– If you have sprayed with a Standard Product, you may use the recommended Norvell Shower Gel during your first shower. If you have sprayed with a Rapid Product, it is recommended that you RINSE ONLY during your first shower. Use of shower products may resume during your second shower.
– DO NOT use bar soap on your tan. Bar soap will dry out your skin and lead to cracking. We only recommend Norvell shower gels because they are formulated to work with our tanning solutions. Bar soap will also halt the development of the rapid tan in the first 24 hours after your tan.
– When you step out of the shower make sure to pat yourself dry with a towel instead of rub. Always moisturize. We recommend XPOSE Hydrating Moisturizer. Please do not use any lotions that are not designed for an airbrush tan. Never use essential oils.
Recommended XPOSE Support Products in an easy to follow system.
Apply Norvell Hydrating Moisturizer every day to maintain your tan. The wrong moisturizer can negatively change the color of your tan. Not moisturizing will lead to a cracking effect. Once you crack you can’t go back- so keep your skin as hydrated as possible.
Cleanse with the Norvell ph Balancing Shower Gel to ensure your skin remains in the optimal ph range required for a long lasting, beautiful tan. Unbalanced ph levels can lead to discoloration of your tan. This product doubles as an excellent shaving gel. Traditional shaving creams and bar soaps will break down your tan, which results in faster fading especially in the areas you shave.
Use the Norvell Exfoliator every 3 days (commencing on day 3 after your tan). Use it just like a body wash, lather in a shower puff and wash lightly. The micro exfoliating crystals will buff away unwanted build up, especially in your flex points, and encourage even cell turnover. Prior to your next XPOSE appointment, use it directly on your skin with a washcloth as an exfoliator. This will prepare your skin, and optimize your sunless tanning results.
Use the Norvell Extender to build a gradual self tan, or prolong your XPOSE TANNING results. This moisturizing / self tanning product provides deeper, longer lasting color to your XPOSE tan. We recommend using it often as you like. Be sure to wash your hands immediately after application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The other contributing factor to an orange appearance is the ingredients in your support products. Moisturizers sometimes have high levels of citrus and sulfates as part of the ingredients, these are bad! Citrus and sulfates in products can cause an adverse effect with any spray tan. Also, any thing with a strong fragrance can also have additives that can cause an orange tint. Our advice is to stick to the products that are designed specifically to work with spray tan solutions.
We suggest that you shave your legs 24 hours before your service to give your pores enough time to tighten up. If you have shaved the day of the service we can provide you with a stringent to dry and tighten up your skin cells to ensure a positive result.
Can I get a Manicure and Pedicure with a spray tan?
Yes, If you get a Manicure or Pedicure before your tanning service. We apply barrier cream to the nails on your hands and feet to prevent any unwanted discoloration. We do not advise scheduling a Pedicure after a tanning service because the feet soaking and calf massaging can strip the solution especially after a fresh application. If it has been at least 1 day since your tanning service a pedicure will not ruin your tan.